Thursday, November 10, 2005

Jerk Pork



This was a fantastic 10 minute recipe! I threw it together on my way out the door in the morning. I didn’t even defrost the roast, I just threw it all in the crockpot, and dinner was ready when I got home!

Mise en place

  • 1 med red onion, coarsely chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, cut up
  • A handful of baby carrots
  • 1 ½ lb pork roast, boneless
  • 1 can chopped tomatoes
  • 1 can black beans (I used ones that said there were ‘Caribbean style’, I guess they had some onions and peppers and a bit of seasonings)
  • Jamaican Jerk Seasoning (I used some stuff I got in Jamaica, but I’m sure you can find a decent Jamaican Jerk spice blend at Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods)

Here’s the hard part: throw everything in the crock pot. Season liberally with Jerk spice. Stir it a bit. Put the crock pot on low, and let it simmer all day.
When I got home, I pulled the pork apart, and stirred everything up again. Then I served it over plain white rice. You could serve this with baked sweet potato sticks for a really yummy meal.

No comments: